IHA’s 14th Annual Health Literacy Conference will be held May 6-8, 2015 at the Hotel Irvine, 17900 Jamboree Road, Irvine, California, 92614.
* Includes students / education / government / nonprofit organizations
** Per registrant, when registered and paid for at the same time
Conference Logistics and Information
For hotel information and conference logistics click here!
We’re excited for you to attend this important conference. When you consider that only 12% of American adults are considered proficient in the health literacy skills they need to effectively navigate and use our healthcare system, you can see that the Health Literacy Conference is an excellent investment. If you make even a small number of incremental changes in how you and your staff interact and communicate with your patients and clients, the results could more than pay for your tuition to attend this conference.
We have kept our tuition rates at the same low rate every year since our first conference in 2002. See how little you will pay to attend this important conference. We pride ourselves on providing each conference attendee with a first-class experience. And remember, your tuition includes:
- Continuing Education credits
- Breakfast on Thursday and Friday
- Lunch on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- FREE preconference sessions on Wednesday:
- Opening Night Reception–cocktails and hors d’oeuvres
- Poster session on Thursday evening
- Multiple networking opportunities
- …and more!
Folks who have attended our conference tell us what really sets the IHA Health Literacy Conference apart is that you can attend four, 1.5-hour skill-building breakout sessions on Thursday and Friday. Roll up your sleeves and learn specific skills to help you function more efficiently and better understand and meet your clients’ and patients’ needs. These sessions provide a wide selection of choices, from tools you can use and programs you can replicate to practicing new skill sets, and more. See the complete agenda here.
Earn Continuing Education Credits!
The annual IHA Health Literacy Conference is a great way to learn and earn continuing education credits. By attending the complete 3-day conference you will earn 21 continuing education credits in these categories:
- Category I entry level CHES and advanced MCHES Approved Provider by NCHEC
- CME This activity is approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- DCE Approved Provider by the Dental Board of California
- CPE Registered Provider by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- CE Approved Provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing
- CE Approved Provider by the Medical Library Association
Consider sending this to any of your colleagues who you feel might benefit from hearing about, and attending, the conference. And please feel free to pick up the phone and call me anytime at (562) 690-4001, ext. 202, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope that the IHA Health Literacy Conference Team and I see you in Irvine in May at our conference!