The Institute for Healthcare Advancement (IHA) is dedicated to empowering people to better health.
IHA is a not-for-profit, 501 (c) (3) public benefit charity.
To fulfill our mission, we:
- Publish easy-to-read books, and teacher manuals
- Organize an annual continuing education health literacy conference
- Offer health literacy rewrite/redesign and original writing and graphic design service
- Evaluate your patient education materials and communications (field testing with focus groups and one-on-one interviews)
- Sponsor and administer the health literacy discussion list
- Administer the Leonard Doak Memorial Scholarship in Health Literacy
- Run the La Habra Family Resource Center
- Help residents of Orange County, California, sign up for health insurance